TO FILL OUT OUR ONLINE APPLICATION TO GET STARTED, CLICK HERE
Customer Premise Engineer
Customer Premise Engineer primary duties include:
- Attaching satellite arms and 10 – 40 foot telescoping masts to customer structures.
- Running cable lines from outside structures, in attacks, and inside the customer structure
- Setting up ladders at job sites
- Making sure all tools and vehicle contents are stored and transported correctly
- Assist Senior CPE in radio pointing and signal testing
- Clean up job sites after installations
Customer Premise Engineers Job Requirements:
All CPE’s will be required to have a mobile phone that will be used for all customer and inter-office communication, as well as being used for retrieving your schedule and job information, customer data… etc. Otherwise, below is a list of required tools and gear as well as vehicle requirements to qualify for the CPE position.
- Must own a truck or van capable of safely carrying a 40 foot extension ladder
- Vehicle MUST have current minimum insurance coverage required by law.
- Must have 2 a-frame mighty giant or comparable ladders
- Must have full kit of exterior 12 – 18 inch breech drill bits, masonry, brick, metal, wood, and all purpose
- Must have several wire fish kits
- Must have a 10,000 mAH or larger mobile battery pack
- Must have 2 pairs of reliable Ethernet crimpers
- Have a solid working laptop with either Windows 7 or Debian / Ubuntu Installed and dedicated for work
- Must be comfortable climbing ladders and being on up to 2 and 3 story roofs
No experience is required, however, understanding how roofs are made, or having prior roofing or home building experience is preferred. Working the field for a rural internet provider can be at times demanding. General work hours are 8am to 6PM, but some days may require CPE’s to arrive earlier or stay later. As a general rule of thumb, we will work from sun up to sundown, Monday through Friday. Saturdays for are optional for extra pay. Some jobs may include other projects such as clearing ROWs (Right of Ways), Trenching, digging tower bases…etc.
In addition to the above vehicle, tools, and minimum skill requirements, the list below will be eligible for a higher starting pay:
- Be able to terminate outdoor grounded Ethernet connector ends
- Have a basic understanding of how to adjust a laptop and mobile phone IP addressed
- Be able to professionally and effectively interact with customers in the field
- Have a basic understanding of how a short 50 to 100 foot Rohn25g radio tower is constructed
- Must have solid gas powered portable generator cable of driving a heavy duty reciprocating saw or a solid battery powered reciprocating saw instead
Customer Premise Senior Engineers
Senior CPE’s MUST have at least 2 years prior experience within the last 5 years, installing fixed point wireless internet to qualify for Master level CPE on hire.
In Addition to the above requiremtns, Below is a list of additional skills necessary to qualify for Senior CPE:
- A full understanding of how to link a fixed point wireless station to an access point
- A full understanding of being able to signal test and speed test installed circuits
- Be able to troubleshoot non-working circuits
- Be able to repair fixed point wireless circuits after storm damage effectively and quickly
- Be detailed orientated and self motivated
- Be able to speak with customers and able to schedule customers for repairs and troubleshooting appointments
DUE TO THE FACT THAT THE INSTALL POSITIONS DIRECTLY INVOLVE GOING INTO CUSTOMER HOMES AND BEING AROUND CHILDREN FULL BACKGROUND CHECKS WILL BE CONDUCTED AND WILL PERFORM RANDOM DRUG & ALCOHOL TESTING.
All field staff are required to have the following:
- A Valid Texas Drivers License
- Criminal History clear of any violent crimes, theft, drugs, or alcohol offenses
- A clean driving record
- Valid Car Insurance
- 2 solid working drills
- Full set of speed wrenches
- Full set of deep sockets with attachments for drills
- Tool Belt as you’ll be on roofs
- Newer wireless device for testing internet speeds
- LAN or Patch Cable
- A mobile phone with reliable service for communicating with the office while in the field.